A common misconception is that fat cannot come back after a liposuction or SmartLipo procedure. Liposuction does permanently remove fat cells, but it can’t remove every single fat cell and you can gain fat in untreated areas, so it’s possible to regain fat if the proper steps aren’t taken. So how can you make the results from your SmartLipo procedure last? We discuss the importance of regular exercise and having a good diet to maintain your results.
Stay Active to Keep Your New Shape!
Immediately after your lipo surgery, you’ll want to take it easy and avoid strenuous activity until cleared by your doctor (at least 2-3 weeks after surgery). After that, exercise is essential!
- Try to work in cardio exercise and strengthening at least 3x per week for 30-40 minutes.
- Low-impact exercises such as Zumba and swimming are great too!
- If you need to stay motivated and on track, find an accountability partner or exercise buddy.
Often, patients who want a SmartLipo procedure commit to a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise and nutritious foods. This approach will help ensure you maintain your lipo results and don’t gain fat in other areas as well.
Tips for Eating Well after Your SmartLipo Procedure and Beyond
Start maintaining healthy eating habits with real, clean foods immediately after your SmartLipo procedure.
- Fruits and vegetables should take up most of your plate. (Limit fruits high on the glycemic index, such as watermelon.)
- Reduce simple carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, and rice. Instead, choose complex carbohydrates like whole grains.
- Eat less sugar and saturated fats.
- Choose lean proteins such as poultry, seafood, dairy, beans, and soy.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day, and don’t skip meals.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
All of those amazing vitamins and nutrients help with the healing process after your liposuction procedure.
Enjoy the Long-Term Benefits of Your SmartLipo Procedure
Regular exercise will help ensure you see the benefits of your SmartLipo procedure in the long term to maintain that slim silhouette. With diet and exercise, you can enjoy your new body for many years to come!
For more information or a free consultation, contact us or call 610.922.4040.